Sunday 23 September 2012

Utilizing Blogs in the Classroom


Eagles soar high in the blue limitless sky. They are extremely fearless and brave. That is the way that I view the children enrolled in our school system today, brave and fearless.  They are eager to encounter new challenges and tamper with new gadgets.

Technology is fast advancing and has surpassed our expectations. As educators, whether we believe it or not, the students with whom we come in contact with are already exposed to various aspects of technology and may even be more experienced than we are.  Many times, as adults, we are fearful of change and new experiences but this is not so with children.

Children are fascinated with technology; computers, ipads and cellular phones. I believe that a blog will be an additional feature and will help to maintain student's interest, even in the classroom. Also, I will be able to post assignments, reading exerts and educational videos that I wish the students to take note of for classes. I believe that they would be anxious to read what is posted and complete given assignments. The quality of my instruction will be greatly improved as I would have an opportunity to outline information in detail using graphics or gadgets which are features of the blog.

Creating this blog has been a new experience for me and I am still experimenting with its vast features.  I am already excited and I know that if used creatively, blogs can assist in showing students that they can learn in different ways, through various mediums.  I am quite certain that students will be able to manoeuvre and utilize the blog positively, with parental support.

So, come join me and let's advance technology!

            


6 comments:

  1. I agree fully with your statement that students are already exposed to technology and may be more experienced than us as educators. Therefore, since we are moving towards a technologically advanced era, I believe that we should utilize technology to the fullest to cater to the needs of all students. I can see and appreciate how you incorporating a blog into your classroom can be beneficial to both you and your students and I think that you are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akeila,thank you for responding to my blog comments. I am really enjoying communicating via this medium and can truly see the students doing the same. I also agree that we need to utilize technology to the fullest in our classroom and begin to integrate it into our lesson objectives.

      Delete
  2. Miss Smith I can see that your well on your way to making your blog a success ,as you have identified all the ways in which you can help to bring technology to your classroom. Good Luck and All the Best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binta, your comments are making my experience in creating this blog possible. Thank you for your words of encouragement. All the best with your blog.

      Delete
  3. Ms. Smith from reading your post, i can see that you have included a lot of creative ways on how you plan to integrate blogs in your classroom.Continue to learn and share your experiences so that teaching can be more student centered and more adaptive for our technological learners and others as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha for your response and words of encouragement. I plan to make my lessons more student centered and intend to utilize technology in my lessons. I am learning a lot and passing on the knowledge I have gained will indeed be beneficial to the students.

      Delete